We welcome new RN graduates to apply for our Adult Health Rotation Team, where you will get the opportunity to train on our medical/surgical units with experienced preceptors! Benefits include full-time hours, the opportunity to enhance your clinical skills through a variety of clinical experiences and participation in the Nurse Residency Program. After orientation, you will be assigned to a medical/surgical unit for 2-4 weeks.
- 2 year commitment to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- 1st year: Rotate through medical and surgical units working 12 hour shifts
- 2nd year: Apply to the unit of your choice or, at 18 months, apply to the Resource Pool
- 14 weeks (2 weeks of onboarding and 12 weeks of clinical orientation)
- Rotation with medical/surgical preceptors from participating nursing units
- 1st Rotation: 4 weeks
- 2nd Rotation: 3 weeks
- 3rd Rotation: 2 weeks
- 4th Rotation: 2 weeks
- 1 week of electives: Wound & ostomies, IV skills and one shadow shift in a specialty area or return to one of the rotations
Please contact us if you are interested in or have questions about the AHEART Program.